My work was first published when I was in graduate school. My professor, Dr. Marilyn Z. Joyce said, “You should publish this research paper.” She directed me to the School Library Media Activities Monthly, which published “Spectacles in Space. A Museum of the Hubble Telescope.” Thank you, Dr. Joyce, for your guidance.
Reflections on Writing:
- Read every day
- Write every day
- Rewrite, rewrite, rewrite!
- Carry a notebook to jot down ideas
- Gather words while reading or listening to others speak
- Write what you know, and research what you don’t know
- Find a writing partner or a friend to listen to your story