OBJECTIVES FOR STUDENT LEARNING
1. Students will be able to identify the role of the author and illustrator.
2. Students will make narrative predictions using the illustrations and title on the cover.
3. Students will use illustrations throughout to predict what might happen next.
4. Students can identify such story elements as beginning, middle and end, problem and solution.
5. Students should share personal experience related to the story (text to self)
6. Students should identify important details such as who, what, when, where and why that relate to the author’s purpose.